June 11, 2009

day 14

today was the last day on the bike. im really behind schedule so im meeting my uncle in sioux falls today. i wasnt real sure about a good bike route from sioux city to sioux falls so im taking the bus.

rode to the bus station this morning to find that i had to box my bike. i even called greyhound about this and they didnt mention it. so i rode down the street to a bike shop luckily only 6 blocks away. they gave me a box and tools to use. had to disassemble most of my bike to fit it in the box. finally got it all packed up then realized i had to move 25 pounds of equipment...all in seperate bags and a 5' x 3' box down to the bus stop.

i ended up dragging it 3 blocks which was loud and awkward. a nice lady stopped and gave me a ride. what a sweetheart. her husband is a cyclist so she felt for me?

the bus station attendant was so pleased that he didnt charge me the 15 dollar extra luggage fee.

----------
Sent from my Verizon Wireless mobile phone

1 comment:

  1. And Greyhound wonders why their losing business??!? Between that dude with the Lute and this whole bike business, they might as well just hand the keys over to MEGABUS! The future of bus transportation...

    ReplyDelete

Followers

Blog Archive