June 09, 2009

day 12

bagoosh.

rode into the rain this morning and that lasted about 30 miles. really cold today. hope i dont get sick. an old man in mondamin where i had lunch told me if the rain is in my face...i should pedal backwards. what a jerk.

rain quit around onawa where i had planned on staying. met a guy who rides in town who said i should just ride the 60 mi into sioux city and stay at this hotel for truckers that is only 25/night.

i decided to do it. did 60 mi in 3.5 hours thanks to flat roads and a back wind. did 85 miles today and am staying in this wierd trucker hotel that looks like a 200 foot long mobile home along highway 29.

wrists hurt from the bumps and my chest is ice cold from the weather. should cross into south dakota tomorrow to head up into sioux falls to meet my uncle harley.

----------
Sent from my Verizon Wireless mobile phone

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive